Wednesday, September 24, 2008

time!

Each day is a smaller percentage of our life; ergo, each day passes faster and faster until we die.

Basically, relatively, our time gets shorter as we get older. Does anyone else think this is backwards? As a reward for trudging through a meaningless life, don't you think it's fair that we get to enjoy more of the day? Though, I guess at some point, life becomes so painful that it's not even worth having a nice long day with it.

The sun set at around 7:30 today. How did that happen? Just a few days ago it was 8...

Somehow or another, a year is a milestone and it's rapidly approaching a year since I quit my job. Believe me, it was the best decision of my life; I make more money now, am less stressed, and have more time to write. But still, I do miss some things.

I wrote and directed over 200 episodes of a show called "Bikini News", which, although 90% of it was stuuupid (directive from the CEO I was working for), it still managed to get quite a following (several million viewers, 10's of thousands of subscribers), as well as gave me a chance to flex my artistic muscles sometimes (though not extremely often).

At some point, I decided to parody my own work as a stupid...uhhh...student filmmaker who loved Bergman. This is what I came up with;



Not wondrous, but also not bad for 20 minutes of shooting and about an hour of editing.

That's what I love about the web, it's complete immediacy. What I like is that there are SO MANY bad things going around, I can get away with half assing it most of the time. Actually, it's more quarter assing it, but that's neither here nor there.

No one can tell the difference if I give it my all or if I barely pay attention, which gives me the ability to focus on things I enjoy and kinda shit out everything else. That would explain the last two and a half years, but at least several million people have seen it.

Anyway, next time you're sitting around, wondering where the time has gone...just remember that you're alive and that's pretty much enough. Don't get too greedy.

Click HERE! To check out one of my favorites...

Watch for the puppy throwing...a personal favorite...

No comments: