Sunday, October 12, 2008

bonheur de la mort

NOTE: To give context, this entry was written at 4:30am in a dark, silent room.


Wow. These days are going by fast, no?

Every day I wake up, I blink, and then I'm back where I started; except it's cold and black. I'm pretty sure some stuff happens in between those moments, but I can't for the life of me tell you what it would be.

Of course; since we age, each day becomes a lesser percentage of our life, so we perceive each day exponentially shorter than the last.

Basically, it's like starting your Geo Metro and waiting for it to get up to 60 miles an hour. It might take 85 years, but at least you're heading for a brick wall that will kill you instantly. Ahh, sweet, delicious death. I hope I'm drunk or wearing a tuxedo.

I've often wondered why I'm so obsessed with death. I guess it's the contradiction; It's really the only certain thing in life, but it's also the most mind-bogglingly uncertain. Do I get to meet my childhood dog for that teary eyed game of catch that I miss so dearly; or am I brutally raped by a various consortium of damned souls, fire-breathing monsters and those people who call you up during dinner and ask "are you happy with your current bank?".

Or, does nothing happen? Vast, blank, empty nothing? Eternal nothingness devoid of space, experience and graham crackers? It's like when they used to put you in "time out" during elementary school, except there's a lot less humiliation slash vicious beating when you're dead.

And therein lies the problem. I'll never know and yet I'll spend time worrying about it for the next 60 odd years. What a waste of time life is.

At least I'm not on the Mets.

Here's a good song off an album that hasn't been released yet that you should listen to. It's not as interesting as the complex questions that surround death, but let's just say it "kills" some time. Buh-dump-bump (VOMIT!)


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments: