Friday, October 03, 2008

Conversation with Sleeping Person

Here I am, sitting in a doctor's office; chilling, relaxing: chillaxing, if you're so inclined.

I notice a 20-something year old girl sleeping deeply in the other side of the waiting room. I don't want to disturb her, but the 4-month-old Newsweek is calling and I'm bored as hell.

I walk over and her eyes open;

"you wrote a note about being fat" she mumbled, while looking at me.

I figure she's talking "crazy talk", so I lean over to pick up the magazine and begin to walk away.

She calls after me: "I thought you were going to go get pizza."

This required a polite response: "What?"

Then she gets angry: "YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO GO GET PIZZA? WHAT'S SO FUNNY ABOUT THAT?"

She's talking but her mind isn't working, kinda like Palin last night.

She continued: "you said you had a very serious slow-down disease".

Figuring there's nothing I can do, I walk away. Her final words to me before she fell back asleep: "I thought you were going to work".

She was definitely wrong. Ha.

Next time someone you're next to someone who's sleeping, start a conversation; it just might be the most interesting one you have all day.

1 comment:

taylor-roberts said...

this is brazilliant.