Friday, July 03, 2009

I'm Rich Bitch!

Well, as all my various readers can tell (all 12 of you), I haven't been updating as much as I used to.

Life's hard motherfucker! I have no free time that doesn't involve morose self-reflection or painful imaginary wrist-cutting.

I think I'm well adjusted; it's just that I'm 'well adjusted' to a life of never-ending pain.

I would commit suicide, but I hate me too much to do myself such a big favor.

Still, there are simple pleasures; eating a bag full of Oreos, then purging in the toilet until the tears and vomit combine to form a grotesque masturbatory lubricant.

I pause for a quick thought: "where does that last sentence even come from? What irregular series of thoughts came together to make my fingers gingerly type that?"

The answer, my friends is in 15-20 years of intense psychotherapy. I like to go to a psychoanalyst who is also a therapist: a Psyscho-analrapist. But enough about my Friday nights!

In any case, I think "simple pleasures" should be renamed as "things that distract you from your inevitable, meaningless death". It makes a little more sense to me.

This week, my "TTDYFYIMD" are:



I dare you to listen to that song and not get throughly absorbed in the complex, evocative imagery. My only problem with Dylan? He was born a Jew (hello! We're the best religion!) and converted to a "Born Again" Christian (hello! American culture between the years 2000-2008!)

I'm informed that he's now "semi-Jewish", or as I like to call it Jew...ish. So I can listen to his music again.

And of course, there's always this:

Chappelle's Show
The Wayne Brady Show
www.comedycentral.com
Buy Chappelle's Show DVDsBlack ComedyTrue Hollywood Story


Sure, a lot of the humor of the show was predicated on racial stereotypes that might have enforced them (and why Chappelle probably left the show), but it's really fucking funny.

I like to watch it while shaving my knees and spiraling off into the vast emptiness that used to yield limitless potential, but now yields limited disappointment.

No comments: