Thursday, July 23, 2009

Band O' The Week

Sometimes you come across a song that sticks with you; so much, that when you turn it off, the melody reverberates incessantly in your head until you absolutely MUST play it again. 

Then, when you play it again...you play it over and over again.

Here's a band I found on Pandora called King of Prussia. I can't vouch for their musical canon, but I can tell you that this one song seems to indicate sunny Beach Boys meets melancholic Morrissey vocal melodies mixed with music that marries that wistfulness of The Shins with a hint of The Psychedelic Furs.

Needless to say I'm kinda into it.

The lyrics seem to be a paean to a lover filtered through an ambiguous druggy haze. I try not to listen too carefully to the lyrics of a song when I first get into it, for fear that it will ruin the song for me (like life, what you hear is almost always better than what is said).

Anyway, enjoy the song...


No comments: