Monday, July 27, 2009

People FAIL

Being an epic frequenter of FailBlog.org, I am aware I shall never outdo it.

But here's something I found on People.com, which is as close to a Fail as you can get without it being categorized as "EPIC". It's more like a "copywriting" fail, which, having worked in the advertising industry, is something I am more than fully aware of.

Ooo...that sentence structure was a copywriting FAIL in and of itself.

Anyway, the following sentence is pretty mind-bloggingly ridiculous and I shall share it with you:

"The singer went for a distinctly edgier style for his Bad album in 1987, adding heavy eyeliner to a buckled leather jacket and skintight jeans".

You lost me after "heavy eyeliner". The only thing edgy about Michael Jackson's style in 1987 was Bubbles.
And that's only because he went ape-shit and bit somebody.

No comments: