Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Google Voice

I love me some google, even if a ton of my personal information sits in their hands. (not to mention that 'Ceti eel' they put in my ear [read the TOS for youtube])

I'm so cool with them that I am so willing to take the virtual plunge into the glorious world of Google Voice...an application that allows me to NEVER PICK UP THE PHONE AGAIN!!!

Yes, Google Voice assigns you a phone number, you give it to people, they call it and leave a message. That message is then emailed to you, along with an audio recording of said message. Through your email you can either TXT that person back, or have Google Voice actually call them on your behalf (it calls you too...sort of an electronic conference call). I prefer to text, obviously, because I absolutely despise actually speaking to someone. 

Anyway, it's pretty cool. Here's me calling myself:



Here is what Google Voice THOUGHT I said: 

 

hi matt this is a test i'm trying to see if this message is transcribe correctly love you very much bye 


Here's my friend Paul calling it:


Here's what it thought Paul said:

 hello  matt  this  is  call  i  hope  your  social  media  experimenters  working  and  let  me  know  if  it  works  this  is  exciting  alright  



So, as you can see, some bits and pieces still left to be worked out, but I'm a fan.

If you want to chat, I encourage you to call me. I won't call back, but I might text, email, or some sort of other thingy.

Do it do it do it!!!


No comments: