Thursday, December 29, 2005

T minus 25 and counting.

How long do we really live for? Should I feel that 25 is a milestone? Will this sentence end with a question mark? The answer is inveriably YES, kind sir and/or madam, yes!

Ok, so in a few minutes I'm turning 25. I can't remember turning 15 (actually I can't remember turning 24), but I'm sure it didn't feel the same way. The phrase "quarter-life crisis" is bandied about among my age-set. Is your career going yet? Are you with someone who is marriage-able? How many midgets have you met? We face these questions on a daily basis.

Carpe Diem? Said outloud, it sounds like some sort of Yiddish expression involving phlegm and/or Shabbat, but it's certainly something to think about. I'm not sure what the percentage is, but I know that I've definitely said "I wish I'd have done that" MUCH more frequently then I've said "I wish I hadn't have done that". Turning 25 is just another harsh reminder that there isn't enough time in the world to say 'NO' to stuff.

Same could be said for turning 65, I guess. My dad told me recently that he stayed up all night regretting that he had said 'no' to all the women who at some point said 'yes' to him. Granted, that's a pretty disgusting thought, but he makes a point. If I have a ton of regrets at 25, I can't imagine how I'll feel at 65.

Completely unrelated to that (*cough*), I'm attending the Sundance Film Festival this year to try to schmoooze and market myself. Last week I shot a short film on a whim and I think I may be moving to LA before 2007 is over. Carpe Diem, man. There's not enough time in the world.

No comments: