Friday, June 11, 2010

WARGASM!

Today my friend Jake and I were discussing the relative merits of terrestrial radio. I asserted that with the exception of NPR and Pandora (which I doubt actually counts as radio), there is nothing on the airwaves worth listening to.

Jake said that his local college station played songs that were both good and unheard. Doubting him, I demanded evidence. He immediately emailed me this song, which for better or worse, pretty much makes me believe his radio-positive message. In any conceivable world, would I have ever heard this song? Not so much. Is this odd, borderline out-of-tune song worth the continuing the frankly antiquated concept of a radio station? Probably.

The band is called "Dynasty" and the song is called "Wargasm"...so you know it's good. Recorded in 2003, I can only assume it's about the benefits of copulation as opposed to invading Iraq. I'll go for that.

From it's Eno-ish middle eight breakdown to it's slightly punkish off key angsty Erase Errata singing, Wargasm has my vote. 

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN.


Buy the album here!

1 comment:

Dugaldo said...

Yeah I heard Seacrest going on and on about "Wargasm" on 102.7 last time I was in California. Your friend should really start digging a little deeper.