Friday, April 16, 2010

I was a much better writerer then

I just wrote two blogs, but realized I couldn't publish them, because if anyone actually found this blog who knew me in the work sense (as opposed to "biblical sense") they might abuse me viscously with a pitchfork-like weapon.

So today, I don't update my blog.

I'll just attach a script of an unfinished scene for an unfinished script. It's about a brother and sister living together.


INT. JACKLYN'S BEDROOM - MORNING
Matt walks in, angry.

MATT
Could you please stop having loud sex in my house? I spent last night crying with earmuffs on.

JACKLYN
Yeah, fair enough.

MATT
Seriously?

JACKLYN
Yeah, bro. I'm sorry. There's probably nothing worse than hearing your sibling having sex.

MATT
Except when we heard mom and dad doing it.

CUT TO:

INT. APARTMENT (1994) - DAY
A YOUNG Matt (12) and an even YOUNGER Jacklyn (4) stick their ears up to a door to hear:

MOM (O.S.)
Bentsen's really helping shepherd Clinton's budget through congress.

DAD (O.S.)
I'm really concerned about NATFA's impact on industrial jobs.

Matt and Jacklyn open the door and come in...

CUT TO:

INT. PARENTS' BEDROOM - CONTINUOUS
They see their parents DOING IT...

Completely dispassionately...

Mom is reading the WALL STREET JOURNAL.

MOM
You're such an economic protectionist.

DAD
If your family worked in industry, you would be t...

He pauses for a second.

DAD (CONT'D)
(matter of factly)
I just came.

Little Matt looks on, confused by "came".

MATT
Where did dad go?

CUT TO:
INT. JACKLYN'S BEDROOM - CONTINUOUS

JACKLYN
Hard to believe they got divorced that very same day.

MATT
So no, sex...OK?

JACKLYN
Scout's honor!

CUT TO:
INT. MATT'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
Matt is WRITING on a notepad, when he hears...

JACKLYN (O.S.)
Fill me up!!!

He throws down his note pad and gets up.

CUT TO:
INT. JACKLYN'S BEDROOM - CONTINUOUS
Matt BURSTS in the door and sees:

The SHADOW of a hipster jumping out of the window.

Jacklyn, covering her NAKED SELF under the covers.

MATT
OK, that's it. Evacute your filth and leave!

JACKLYN
What? 

MATT
You were just having sex!

JACKLYN
No I wasn't!

MATT
You're naked!

JACKLYN
That's how I sleep.

Matt runs over to the CLOSET.

MATT
OK, fine. This little device will help...

He pulls out a BLACKLIGHT, plugs it in...

And turns off the lights.

MATT (CONT'D)
We're just going to see what sort of nastiness is on these sheets.

Nothing comes up...

JACKLYN
I'm innocent!

Matt moves the blacklight over to Jacklyn's face and sees:

HUGE WHITE STAINS.

MATT
Christ.

JACKLYN
What?

MATT
I just vomited a little bit in my mouth.

No comments: