Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Philosphy on Craig's List

The passage of time brings change; birth, death, the ironic popularization of mustaches.

An external change can sometimes bring about internal questioning; who am I? Why am I here? What's up with all those hipsters with mustache tattoos on their finger?

Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of external events and it's causing a hunger for philosophical self-reflection. That, or a chicken salad sandwich on Rye.

Being cut from the "stay up late googling myself and crying" cloth, I thought I would see if my self-reflection was part of a particular American Zeitgeist tied into the changing decade, or if it was just good ole "morbid Matty Mansene" thinkin' bout downer-type stuff!

So I placed a fun ad on Craig's List to see where our communal minds were at. To get responses, I placed a picture of a smexy sorta chick and posed the following question;


It's just after midnight on a Monday morning and I'm wondering what sort of people are on craigslist right now.  


Yup, I'm a sweet, good natured inquisitive person and I'd like to get to know more about you.  So, shoot me an email with the answer to one simple question: What's the meaning of life? 


Tell me in one sentence and if you want, I'll write back and tell you what I think it is. 


Of course, pretty much no one answered in one sentence, and most people included the words "thick" "boner" or "clam juice" in their response, but such is life.

I am going to go over them tonight and give you the best responses. It'll be great, the Nazism or the Hindenburg disaster!

No comments: