Thursday, January 05, 2006

Definition of Procrastinating

Webster's Dictionary defines a 'Treatment' as "a bunch of bollocks that a screenwriter is forced to write because most LA-types are too lazy to actually read your script". Can anyone tell me the PURPOSE in writing a five page summary of a script that's completely finished? A one sentance description, I understand. What's the film about? Certainly, I would want to know that before I read the script. One paragraph description, OK. Are these characters I will be interested in? OK, cool, whatever. But what jackass needs a five page cliff notes verision of the script to be attached to the actual script? It's like jerking off before having sex. It only makes things less pleasurable. Honestly, would you want to read a beginning, middle and end without any of the nuances or subtleties of an actual crafted, finished work?

Oy gavult. I'm complaining instead of doing. But, that's the Jew way.

No comments: